Monday, August 2, 2010

An introduction

I was once told that to be truly happy you should participate in an activity that allows you to feel truly alive. I can not explain how baking makes me feel, I can however tell you that watching a person bite into one of my creations and smile as they wipe their chin is a feeling of not only great joy for me, but for the individual that takes that bite it has allowed them to eacape for a fraction of a moment from the hype of the world that sourounds them.

Baking has always been a fetish of mine, in primary school I would enter my baking attempts into the local show, back then the show was more of a country fair with baking still being quite the done thing. I was once named the Junior Boild Fruit Cake Champion, I still have the ribbon yet the date of my win escapes me, I am possitive it was in the early 1980's, I was in grade seven and very proud indeed. My Chocolate Fudge also raised eyebrows with a white card printed in blue was placed by the plate I submitted it on, 1st place, an acheivement to be proud of, and something that I was truly great at.

To this day baking releases a ray of sunshine from within me, I not only enjoy the process of baking, I succeed at it. Tonight I baked biscuits for the girls at work, a plain biscuit rich in butter and brown sugar, I pushed a jube onto some of them and chocolate freckles onto others, the sampling process is vital, without tasting your product you will never know just how delightful it is, besides, if you don't eat your fatty foods, you will never acheive quality cellulite.

My name is Bronwyn, I am a compulsive cook and I wish to share my baking adventures with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment